My Greenhouse...

Under construction...no-no not the greenhouse! - this webpage!



Ever since I discontinued my veggie garden (too much work - too many snails - too little yield...)
I wanted to have a greenhouse...now I have one...it turned out to be much more expensive to build than
expected...but I love my greenhouse - it gives pleasure and the yield brightens up my meals...Typically I
grow various sorts of tomato, bell pepper, a milder variety of Cayenne pepper, grapes, various herbs like
dill, parsley, basil etc. - I love to make experiments, so right now I have Avocado seeds in water...
The components were delivered on April 5. - 2009, and the greenhouse was finished on September 1. - 2009...



The first 'layout'...



A sick plumtree was in the way, so I
required my dear neighbor, Soeren and
his John Deere, skills, and a solid iron
chain...- instead of me digging and hacking like a maniac, the process took a few minutes...the beer we had afterwards
took longer to consume than getting
rid of the stub... ;-)




My 'usual crew' for helping me turning dreams and ideas into reality were busy,
so I myself started digging, because I had decided on the lasting solid concrete foundation model...
Honestly, now looking at these photos: I assembled the metal frame, and started diggin' - the deeper
trench on 3rd. photo was dug by my faithful helpers Brian and Lasse...



First the mold for the concrete was measured out and positioned, and soon the concrete could be poured into it and levelled out...
- on the lower photo, the frame is fixed to the concrete, and I could begin assembling the actual greenhouse...well at least that was
what I thought, until I seriously started to read the instructions for placing the literally hundreds of parts and matching the correct
literally thousands of screws, nuts and bolts...



It was impossible for me to do it alone, so I decided to contact the manufacturer of this
'VITAVIA Uranus 9900' greenhouse and hire professional assistance - now I'm glad that I
did it, but it was a very expensive solution, especially when I saw how relatively fast he could do the job...



I wanted a nice solid bottom with a seal underneath, to prevent weed from invading...
- and again 'my faithful helpers' did an excellent job and connected it directly to the yard... :-)
This work was finished May 7. - 2010...

 
Eureca!


Yummi...!
Btw. the huge tomato weighed 0.38 kilo...and they're so sweet and full of taste...
- when the season ended in November, I pickled 2 kilos of green tomatos...



This page was made by JOB on December 20. - 2011